Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Tuesday Platform

My November Guest by Robert Frost
My Sorrow, when she's here with me,
Thinks these dark days of autumn rain
Are beautiful as days can be;
She loves the bare, the withered tree;
She walked the sodden pasture lane.

Her pleasure will not let me stay.
She talks and I am fain to list:
She's glad the birds are gone away,
She's glad her simple worsted gray
Is silver now with clinging mist.

The desolate, deserted trees,
The faded earth, the heavy sky,
The beauties she so truly sees,
She thinks I have no eye for these,
And vexes me for reason why.

Not yesterday I learned to know
The love of bare November days
Before the coming of the snow,
But it were vain to tell her so,
And they are better for her praise.



Welcome to the Tuesday Platform, the weekly open stage for sharing poems in the Imaginary Garden. Please link up a poem, old or new, and spend some time this week visiting the offerings of our fellow writers.

Share * Read * Comment * Enjoy

13 comments:

Marian said...

Good morning! I'm sharing a reprise but what the heck, it's seasonal. :)

Gillena Cox said...

Warm wishes in November

much love...

Timoteo said...

Morning, Toads! Happy November...Halloween candy for breakfast?

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hello friends. Sharing another from my archive for your reading pleasure.. in my comment free zone.

Kerry O'Connor said...

PS. Thanks for the wonderful Frost!

Stacie Eirich said...

Love this beautiful Frost poem. Happy November! After Halloween festivities, I'm definitely in need of extra coffee to get the thoughts flowing this morn...

Stacie Eirich said...

Linked up a poem of the forest/jungle today -- as I'm continuing work on my novel -- & this poem represents a large part of its setting. Wrote it over the summer, but don't think I shared it here yet...hope you enjoy! :-)

Margaret said...

Wow Kerry, quite the poem to ponder!

brudberg said...

Joining late... but I made it with a new poem...

Kim M. Russell said...

Hi Kerry and all you toads! I'm afraid I am also late - with a new poem - but will have to dash off again. I'll be back in the morning to read.

Jim said...

This is a fun prompt, Marian. I bit with a new one. Late, but I've been running late lately. Getting ready for big things coming.
..

Dr. Vijita Pillai said...

Hi all! too late but have come with something new, shared for two prompts :)

Happy November! :)

baili said...

beautiful narration and precious expressions